Clayton Regency Mobile Home Park
On February 8, 2011, the Department of Conservation & Development released a Draft Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Clayton Regency Mobile Home Park Emergency Water Pipeline Extension Project.
The Clayton Regency Mobile Home Park is a 192-unit mobile home park that is located in a rural unincorporated area, at 16711 Marsh Creek Road, midway between the City of Clayton and the City of Brentwood. Drinking water to the mobile home park was originally provided by an onsite well system that has failed. At the present time, the owner of the mobile home park operates two State-certified potable water trucks to transport up 16 loads of water per day, as needed, to two 63,900 gallon water storage tanks located onsite at the mobile home park. This water hauling arrangement was intended to be a temporary condition until a more permanent, long term water service could be provided. Due to the potential for contaminating potable water with pathogenic bacteria and viruses during the filling, transport, and delivery of the hauled water, which presents an unacceptable risk of waterborne diseases, the Contra Costa Public Health Director has declared a public heath emergency exists and determined that water service from the Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) was the only available option that would resolve the public health hazard.
The purpose of the project is to replace the current and temporary water hauling arrangement to the mobile home park by extending a water pipeline approximately three miles from the end of Contra Costa Water District's existing treated water pipeline on Marsh Creek Road to the entrance of the mobile home park to provide the Clayton Regency Mobile Home Park with a long term water service.
Timeline and Input Opportunities
- Notice of Public Review and Intent To Adopt Mitigated Negative Declaration, February 8, 2011 (PDF)
- Draft Initial Study / Mitigated Negative Declaration, February 2011 (PDF)
- Out of Area Service Agreement for Water to the Clayton Regency Mobile Home Park (signed) (PDF)
- August 4, 2009, Board Order approving the Out of Area Service Agreement for Water to the Clayton Regency Mobile Home Park (PDF)
- Notice of Public Hearing, Zoning Administrator, April 18, 2011 (PDF)
- Report to Zoning Administrator, April 18, 2011 (PDF)
- Planning Survey Report - East County HCP/NCCP (PDF)