For inquiries on Planning and Zoning information, you may obtain service:
- By Phone: Speak with our planners on duty from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 - 4:00 pm Friday.
- Self-Help: Access to our ePermit Center allows you to search Property/Permit information such as current projects, previous entitlements, application status, and parcel numbers.
Pathway for Extending Restaurant Seating into the Right of Way
During COVID-19, many restaurants are extending their outdoor seating to meet health orders. The Parklet Application is the permitting process to allow extending seating into the right of way.
New Permit Fees
Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors adopted new land development fees on December 17, 2019. The fees will be implemented on March 1, 2020.
Please use the Planning Application and Important Notice to Applicants forms for all permit types listed below.
General Application Form
- Accessory Dwelling Unit:
ADU Application Checklist Submittal (PDF),
ADU Application Processing Guidelines (PDF)
- Administrative Review (former Redevelopment Area),
- Certificate of Compliance:
How to Apply for a Certificate of Compliance Guide (PDF)
- Compliance Review
- Development Plan
- General Plan Amendment/Feasibility Study
- Land Use Permit
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Major Subdivision
- Minor Subdivision
- Planning Consideration
- Tree Permit
Decision Matrix to determine Public Works interest Variances and Second Units (PDF),
A Guide for Variances (PDF)
- Wireless Facility:
Requirements for Wireless Facility Permit Applications (PDF)
- Home Occupation (PDF)
- Short-Term Rental Application (Fillable PDF)
- Temporary Event (PDF)
- Water Efficient Landscape Application (PDF)
- How to Develop Using Water Conserving Landscape (PDF)
- Winery & Olive Oil Mill Information (PDF)
- Property Use Verification (PDF)
- Streamlined Electric Permit Charging Station Permit
- Parklet Application (PDF)(Pathway for extending restaurant seating into the right of way)
- How high can I build my fence and/or retaining wall?
- Do my neighbors need a tree permit to remove a tree? When do they need a permit and what is the process and timeline involved?
- How do I start a Home Occupation?
- What can be built or done to my property?
- Where can I get a copy of the parcel map?
- What type of structures do not require a permit?
- How long does the permit process take?
- Where can I obtain information on gas, water, or sanitation lines on my property?
- What is green building and where can I find more information about green homes?
- When is a permit required from Building Inspection?