Pesticide Use Reporting and Data

Structural and agricultural pest control businesses, as well as growers, ranchers, and other entities that hold an operator identification number or restricted materials permit, are required to submit pesticide use reports (PURs) to our office. If a pest control company is doing agricultural pest control work, then the PUR must be submitted within 7 days of the completion of the pesticide application. All other pest control businesses, permittees and operator ID holders must submit a monthly summary of their pesticide use by the 10th day of the following month e.g. all of June applications must be submitted in a monthly report by July 10th.

In general, pesticide use reports may be submitted electronically on, by mail, by fax or in person at either of our office locations. Structural pest control companies that report pesticide use must submit an original stamp on each paper copy use report, but if electronically reported on CalAgPermits, the stamp number can be entered directly on the use report.

The Contra Costa County Department of Agriculture doesn't currently require PURs to be submitted online, but we highly encourage online submission. In the future, submissions will be required to be done online, and we recommend that pesticide users make the transition to electronic before they are forced to do so. If you would like to learn more about CalAgPermits, the state website where pesticide users can report pesticide use, view previous use reports, access their permit or Operator ID, and submit Notices of Intent for restricted material applications, please contact us at one of our offices. A biologist will be happy to set up your account, walk you through the process of submitting online and answer any questions. If you do not have access to a computer or internet service, you can pick up paper PURs and NOIs at our Concord or Knightsen offices.