Spieker Senior Continuing Care Community Project
The Spieker Senior Continuing Care Community (“Project”) includes development of a self-contained continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, offering continuing care contracts that provide for housing, resident services, and long-term care.
The Project Site consists of two existing parcels containing approximately 30.4 total acres, situated in the unincorporated Walnut Creek area at the easterly end of Seven Hills Ranch Road.
Zoning Entitlement Descriptions
The following outline the zoning entitlement requests associated with the Spieker Senior Continuing Care Community.
County File #CDGP20-00001
The applicant requests approval of an amendment to the Land Use Map of the Land Use Element by way of changing the land use designation of the project site from Single-Family Residential, Medium Density (SM) to Congregate Care/Senior Housing.
County File #CDRZ20-03255
The applicant requests approval to rezone the 30-acre project site from a General Agricultural (A-2) district to a site-specific Planned Unit (P-1) district.
County File #CDDP20-03018
The applicant requests approval of a Preliminary and Final Development Plan to allow construction of a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) consisting of the following primary components: 1) a total of 354 independent living units and amenities for residents not needing daily assistance, 2) a health care center for residents and the general public, 3) a maintenance building, 4) associated drainage, access, and utility improvements, and 5) approximately 375,000 cubic yards of cut and fill grading activities resulting in a net export of approximately 75,000 cubic yards of soil from the site.
County File #CDLP20-02038
The applicant requests approval of a land use permit to allow the sale of alcoholic beverages within the proposed clubhouse.
County File #CDMS20-00007
The applicant requests approval of a tentative map to reconfigure two existing parcels from approximately 13 and 17 acres in area to 25 and 5 acres in area with refined legal descriptions.
The applicant requests approval of a tree permit to allow the removal of up to 353 trees.
Current Project Status
Notice of Availability for the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) posted on March 11, 2022.
Comments are due Tuesday, May 10 at 5:00 PM
View Notice of Availability (PDF)
July 23, 2021
Notice of Preparation Posted and Scoping meeting scheduled for August 16, 2021
View NOP (PDF)
January 22, 2021
Project applications deemed complete
August 3, 2020
Project applications formally submitted to the County
- Spieker Senior Care - Notice of Availability (PDF)
- Spieker Senior Care Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) (PDF)
- Appendix A - NOP Comments & Scoping Meeting Transcript (PDF)
- Appendix B - Aesthetics & Lighting Analysis and Peer Review (PDF)
- Appendix C - Agricultural Resources Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix D - Air Quality & GHG Assessment and Peer Review (PDF)
- Appendix E - Biological Resources Report and Peer Review (PDF)
- Appendix F - Historic Resources Evaluation Report (PDF)
- Appendix G - Geotechnical and Geologic Investigation (PDF)
- Appendix H - Evaluation of Paleontological Impacts (PDF)
- Appendix I - Climate Action Plan Development Checklist (PDF)
- Appendix J - Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix K - Preliminary Hydrology and Water Quality Report (PDF)
- Appendix L - Drainage Feasibility Study (PDF)
- Appendix M - Preliminary Stormwater Control Plan and Peer Review (PDF)
- Appendix N - Childcare Needs Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix O - Noise and Vibration Assessment and Peer Review (PDF)
- Appendix P - Transportation Assessment and Peer Review (PDF)
- Appendix Q - Sanitary Sewer Study (PDF)
- Appendix R - Dry Utility Due Diligence Study (PDF)