Spay/Neuter & Vaccination Clinic
***The CCAS Spay/Neuter and Saturday Vaccination Clinics will be suspended until further notice as a precautionary measure due to the COVID-19 virus***
Low-Cost Vaccination Clinic
Contra Costa Animal Services (CCAS) offers low-cost vaccinations for your pets. The vaccination clinic is by appointment only. To make an appointment, please call 925-608-8420. Appointments for the Saturday clinic must be made between Tuesday through Friday of the week you plan to attend the clinic.
Vaccination pricing can be found on our Fees and Services Page.
Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic
CCAS is currently taking appointments for our low-cost Spay/Neuter Clinic. To schedule an appointment, please read the clinic requirements below and complete our online form. CCAS will only schedule appointments four weeks at a time, and surgeries will be performed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please be aware that appointments fill up quickly.
If you are unable to wait for an appointment at our Spay/Neuter Clinic, we suggest contacting our community partners, ARF and Fix Our Ferals, who may be able to assist you with low-cost spay and neuter services for animals in Contra Costa County.
Spay/Neuter Clinic Requirements
- The Spay/Neuter Clinic offers low-cost surgeries to residents of Contra Costa County only. Proof of residency is is required on or before the date of surgery.
- Must show proof of vaccination within 5 days of receiving your appointment date.
- A Non-Refundable Deposit of $65.00 is required within 5 days of your pet’s scheduled surgery date. On the day of surgery, the deposit will be applied towards the cost of your pet’s surgery. Payment, minus the deposit already made, is due at the time of check in. Cash, Visa/MC and check (with card holder/check writer present with ID) are accepted.
- Only two animals per household can be scheduled at a time.
- No animals under six months old or more than five years old.
- No brachycephalic, cryptorchid (undecended testicles) animals (cats or dogs) or Doberman Pinchers. (*See list of common brachycephalic breeds below.)
- Females cannot be pregnant or in heat.
- Females must be less than 65lbs. Males cannot be more than 90lbs.
- Dogs must be under control, leashed or in carriers and cats must be in secure carriers.
- Dogs must be licensed before surgery.
- Requests for appointments must be submitted online. Once you have been approved, you will be contacted for a potential appointment.
- Check in is at 8:00am and pick up is from 3:00-4:00pm. If you are late to check in your appointment may be cancelled. If you are late at pick up there will be an additional charge.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule a spay or neuter appointment, please complete this online form. Please make sure you have read the Spay/Neuter Clinic Requirements above before proceeding to the form. Once you have submitted the information required on the form, a staff member will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Animals Not Suitable for Surgery
- Brachycephalic dog breeds (see below)
- Cryptorchid cats or dogs (animals who have undescended testicles)
- Doberman Pinchers
- Females who are pregnant or in heat
Common Brachycephalic Dog Breeds
This list is not all inclusive and approval is at CCASD’s discretion.
- American Bulldog
- Boston Terrier
- Brussels Griffon
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- English Bulldog
- French Bulldog
- Japanese Chin
- Lhasa apso
- Shih Tzu
Free Physical Exam
Pets receive a free physical examination when brought in for spaying or neutering.
Why should I spay or neuter my animal?
Spaying and neutering:
- Prevents needless reproduction and destruction of animals
- Is the most effective means of preventing pregnancy
- Eliminates or reduces the attraction of male animals to the female
- Reduces the male’s tendency to fight and the resulting wounds and infection
- Reduces the possibility of cancer or infection of the reproductive tract
- Results in a generally healthier, more desirable pet
- Allows spayed and neutered dogs and cats to be licensed at a much lower cost than non-spayed or non-neutered animals